The aim of this policy is to promote good practice by ensuring that all Club members:
- Are fully aware of their responsibilities about child protection.
- Safeguard and promote the interests and wellbeing of young people with whom they are working.
- Respond appropriately to concerns.
- Take all reasonable and practical steps to protect young people from harm, discrimination, or degrading treatment.
- Respect and promote young people’s rights, wishes and feelings.
- Make informed and confident responses to child protection issues.
This Safeguarding Young People Policy will:
- Offer safeguards to young people, coaches, staff, and volunteers.
- Help to maintain high standards of professionalism and practice at all levels of the sport.
Our Policy (what we’ll do)
- Value, listen to and respect young people.
- Adopt the Angling Trust’s safeguarding best practices through policies, procedures, and codes of conduct for all members and volunteers.
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding by appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to safeguarding concerns involving young people confidently and competently.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of an incident or concern and provide support for the individual or individuals involved.
- Ensure confidential, detailed, and accurate records are maintained and securely stored.
- Prevent the employment or deployment of unsuitable persons by ensuring all necessary checks are robustly carried out.
- Ensure young people and parents have easy to understand up to date information so that they can know where to go for help or support.
- Review and adapt policies and procedures as required.
The term “young people” applies to persons who are under the age of 18 years.
Further supporting policies, procedures and guidance can be found at www.anglingtrust.net/safeguarding/policies
Signed: J Daniells
Print name: JAMES DANIELLS