The aim of this policy is to promote good practice by ensuring that all Club members:
- Are fully aware of their responsibilities around safeguarding adults at risk.
- Safeguard and promote the interests and wellbeing of adults at risk with whom they are working.
- Respond appropriately to concerns.
- Take all reasonable and practical steps to protect adults at risk from harm, discrimination, or degrading treatment.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of adults at risk.
- Make informed and confident responses to protection issues.
This Safeguarding Adults at Risk Policy will:
- Offer safeguards to members, coaches, staff, and volunteers.
- Help to maintain high standards of professionalism and practice at all levels of the sport.
Our Policy (what we’ll do)
- Value, listen to and respect adults at risk.
- Promote and prioritise adults at risk.
- Adopt the Angling Trust’s safeguarding best practices through policies, procedures, and codes of conduct for all staff and volunteers.
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding by appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to safeguarding concerns involving adults at risk confidently and competently.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of an incident or concern and provide support for the individual or individuals involved.
- Ensure confidential, detailed, and accurate records are maintained and securely stored.
- Prevent the employment or deployment of unsuitable persons by ensuring all necessary checks are robustly carried out.
- Ensure everyone has easy to understand up to date information so that they can know where to go for help or support.
- Review and adapt policies and procedures as required.
The term ‘adult at risk’ applies to someone who is over 18 years and is at risk of abuse or neglect because of their needs for care or support.
The policy and appropriate procedures will be widely promoted.
Further supporting policies, procedures and guidance can be found at www.anglingtrust.net/safeguarding/policies/
Signed: J Daniells
Print name: JAMES DANIELLS