The inn has been here since 1742 when a certain George Holme opened it as an alehouse called the ‘Blacksmith’s Arms’, but it was renamed the ‘Church Inn’ in 1884. We offer Bed and Breakfast accommodation for up to six people, well located for visits to nearby Buxton or for exploring the Peak District, and we serve tasty meals from a varied menu at lunch times and in the evenings. Finally of course we have a warm, welcoming and homely bar, with an excellent range of beers, wines and spirits. We have been in the CAMRA ‘Good Beer Guide’ for the last 10 years. We are also in the Good Pub Guide and are Cask Marque accredited.